FW: [6pack] Running On Feature with TR6 (long part II)

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: [6pack] Running On Feature with TR6 (long part II)
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 09:07:54 -0700
        Continued from part I.....

        Your emissions hoses must be in place and in good repair for the
system to function. If they are not, you must either reconnect them or
cap them off in a way that will preserve the functionality of the run on
valve. In any event, the carb vent hoses MUST be connected to the carbon
canister, and the remaining top nipples either connected properly or
capped off. The large vacuum hose at the bottom of the canister must be
in place and in good condition.
        Test the valve by applying 12 volts directly to the two top
terminals. It should operate with a very distinct clicking noise.
Assuming the valve operates, then check the wiring at the oil pressure
switch (below the dizzy on the side of the block). The wiring on this
switch is CRITICAL and easy to get wrong. The middle connection must be
White/Brown. The connection clockwise from the middle must be
White/Purple. The connection counter clockwise from the center one must
be to ground (Black on my wiring diagram).
        Warning - the oil switch itself is fragile and prone to fail. So
you are not out of the woods yet. Next start your car and let it warm
up, then shut it down. You should hear a distinct "click" 1 to 2 seconds
after the engine stops. If the engine runs on, or you do not hear the
click, the valve is not operating and you will need to trouble shoot it.
A likely suspect at this point is the oil pressure switch itself.

        Cheers,

        Vance