Re: [6pack] TR6 speedometer needle

To: Alan Salvatore <6parts@charter.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net, 6pack
Subject: Re: [6pack] TR6 speedometer needle
From: rweber <rmweber_99@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 11:00:11 -0700 (PDT)
Al,
  I pulled mine off while refurbing my speedo. I don't think I caused any
damage pulling it off or pushing it back on since it works fine now. The only
"oops" in the deal is I screwed up the calibration and it reads 10mph fast.
Something else I now need to add to the winter to do list.
  I found out afterwards, there is a small white dot (looks like a paint spec)
at around 7 o'clock that is the calibration mark. When calibrating, the needle
stop must be first pulled (I believe it just pulls out), press on the needle
onto the shaft so the tip lines up with the calibration dot, rotate the needle
so you can press the needle stop back in and reassemble the glass and bezel.

  Ron W.
71TR6

Got a little couch potato?