Re: [6pack] TR250 right hand mirror

To: "Stephen Lindquist" <lindquistse@gmail.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] TR250 right hand mirror
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 10:52:58 -0800
        Steve:

        Somebody on the list mentioned going to a stained glass window
maker. They use a grinder to shape glass for their windows, and probably
have a better chance of success than the glass shops. It seems likely
that a grinder would take longer but be less likely to break the glass,
but I have not tried this myself.
        Several people echoed my experience of having a glass shop break
a mirror while trying to cut it. One or two reported that a glass shop
actually succeeded in cutting the mirror, but I noticed from their
stories that they started with a larger piece of glass than I (Mine was
5"). Perhaps starting with a larger convex mirror increases the chance
of success(?).

        Vance