[6pack] Filings in GB and OD

To: "Triumph 6 Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] Filings in GB and OD
From: "John North" <johncnorth@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 15:26:20 -0500
Changing transmission oil, there are quite a few metal filings on the
magnetic plug.   I pulled the OD filters also, and the main screen is
pretty clear, but the high pressure filter had a lot of fine metal
particles in the mesh.   This is the first time I have changed the oil
since rebuilding both GB and OD, less than 5000 miles on it I'd say,
so I'm not sure what to expect...   Presumably some of this is
expected, but I was surprised with what I found.

I have had no problems with either GB or OD, except for a hydraulics
problem that kicked the OD into direct drive at low rpm (I found that
problem - undersized o-ring in the relief valve).   Maybe I felt a
slight vibration with OD activated and doing 65+ mph...

What's normal?   Should I be concerned?

John North