Re: [6pack] Aftermarket damper for TR6

To: "Ashford Little" <70tr6@mindspring.com>, "6pack Email List"
Subject: Re: [6pack] Aftermarket damper for TR6
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 08:15:34 -0800
        Ash, Listers:

        This is a burning question. When the TR6 damper gets dropped, it
breaks. It is cast iron and extremely brittle - even a chunk of debris
kicked up at the track will break them. So finding a source is getting
to be difficult. As I recall, one of the big three offers a 3/8" damper,
but no 1/2" damper is available.
        I have considered taking a Chevy Vortec V6 damper and machining
it to fit, but to date have done nothing. Anyone out there done anything
like adapt another damper to fit our straight sixes?

        Vance