[6pack] Tahiti blue TR6 for sale

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] Tahiti blue TR6 for sale
From: samuelsma@aol.com
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 18:22:16 -0500
Listers:

Well, I finally got the Tahiti blue car running really well, after over 2 years
of dealing with carburetion issues.? The idle is still a little unstable, but
the car runs very strongly and smoothly and the problem with plug fouling is
truly gone.? The car has been in the shop for 5 out of the last 6 months, and
about half the time I have owned it.

So now I should enjoy it, right?? Well, if it doesn't sell I may do just that
for the indefinite future, but I have purchased a 2005 Mazdaspeed MX5 (this is
a turbo Miata with lots of factory upgrades) with 5900 miles that may be
enjoyable like the Triumph without some of the service issues.? Also, it has
A/C, airbags, a stereo, a factory warranty, etc. etc.? The story is that I saw
the turbo Miata on Ebay when my 6 was stuck (indefinitely, it seemed) in the
shop and I just lost patience with the whole vintage car thing and bought the
Mazda.? I figured that a 5900 mile car at the right price wasn't going to last,
so I grabbed it.? I fully expected to get the 6 back and to have persistent
running/fouling problems.? Lo and behold, the car is really fixed now.? My deal
with my wife is that I need to sell one of the cars, and she would strongly
prefer that I sell the Triumph, as long as I can get an acceptable price.

Fundamentally, I have one guy in greater Miami who can fix my Triumph and he
does superb work, but it takes weeks or months to get anything done and getting
to and from the shop requires my wife to drive behind me for 45 minutes so I
can have a ride home...well, you get the picture.

Now, I haven't actually picked up the Mazda in Tennessee yet.? That trip is
scheduled for 2 weeks from now.? If the TR6? doesn't sell on Ebay and I
actually prefer it to the Mazda when I get to drive the thing, maybe I'll sell
the newer car instead.? But in the mean time, please feel free to check out my
Ebay listing 190196388938.? I think it is an attractive combination of vintage
and upgrade philosophies.

Michael
'76 Tahiti blue
CF 57044U