Re: [6pack] TR6 Top Replacement

To: "'Cary Henry'" <caryhenry@hotmail.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] TR6 Top Replacement
From: "Joseph Grant" <grant@bowtie6.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 16:51:47 -0500
This might have been covered in the article (I don't have one, so if I am
repeating something forgive me) but I found a piece of the chalk that
seamstresses use to mark cloth really comes in handy.  You can use that to
mark the center of the top in relation to the windshield header.  After a
mark has been made, it can very easily be removed with a little warm water.

I also used 3M adhesives, since that is what I have read the 'pros' use.
When applying the adhesive to the windshield header piece, I made sure I had
a nice application of contact cement and then used a small disposable brush
to ensure an even distribution.  This prevented a mess from happening and
also makes an even application which can be hard to do with the spray can.

The trick is to take your time.  Measure several times and this should
ensure a good fit.

Joe
'72 TR6 - CC77169
http://www.bowtie6.com/