Re: [6pack] tachometer issue

To: "Oliver" <sumton@sbcglobal.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] tachometer issue
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 09:25:21 -0800
        Oliver:

        Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

        I recommend trying your approach. You will need to remove the
needle stop at 0, then press the needle on the pivot so that it points
to the small mark BELOW the 0 stop (As I recall it is a small white dot)
on the dial face. Then twist the needle up past 0, and reinstall the 0
stop.
        Be very careful, as if the drag cup is rusty or frozen it can
destroy the tach the minute you start the car. So make sure everything
inside the tach is turning freely. If not, send it out for a rebuild or
get a used one from www.britisthautoworks.com

        Vance