Re: [6pack] 6pack Digest, Vol 2, Issue 96

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [6pack] 6pack Digest, Vol 2, Issue 96
From: Ryan Van Luchene <dejabuzzed@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 10:12:06 -0800 (PST)
I've seen a 1972 model year TR6 with special order
Black paint and Grey interior. It was up for auction
on eBay last year sometime. I think I have pictures of
it at home, including the original Commission Plate
which has the color codes stamped on it. Paint 11,
Trim 78.
Regarding the rare Grey interior, the only other times
I've seen it was on two separate 1972 model year
Emerald green cars. Both had factory hard tops as
well. Bill Piggott should get pictures of rare models
like these for the next revision of "Original
TR4/4A/5/250/6".

Ryan

> Message: 2
> Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 00:29:00 -0000
> From: "John Macartney"
> <standardtriumph@btinternet.com>
> Subject: Re: [6pack] TR6 Colours (Clarifications)

> > Could these be for European models, not just NA
> models? I
> > must agree with others that I do not remember
> seeing a black TR6.
>
> Rare birds indeed but Black was always available
> from Standard-Triumph to special order only and it
> rarely appeared in the colour charts. Interior trim
> was to customer choice from standard colur
> range. The minimum paint run was for 25 cars (any
> model) and these were always painted on Friday
> afternoons prior to the paint lines being cleaned
> out every weekend.

Looking for last minute shopping deals?
Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.