[6pack] FW: Exhaust manifold finishing

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] FW: Exhaust manifold finishing
From: "Campsmith, Michael (CDC/CCID/NCHHSTP)" <mgc4@CDC.GOV>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 13:19:05 -0400
 I did not have favorable results using this product on a non-Triumph
engine.  It has a nice "cast iron" appearance when applied, but didn't
even last a month before the rust started to show through.

In the interest of full disclosure, I didn't remove the exhaust
manifolds and sand blast as I normally would; I didn't want to face the
prospect of broken mounting studs, etc. trying to remove the manifolds.
But the instructions say you can clean the manifolds and apply while
they are attached to the car, so I followed directions and was just not
satisfied.

I had my TR6 headers coated with Jet Hot and would recommend that
instead of a "do-it-yourself" finish.  Jot Hot is pricey, but should be
a one-time expense (at least for me).

As always, your mileage may vary.

Michael Campsmith
1974 TR6 (now BRG)