Re: [6pack] Engine Build

To: Raymond Hatfield <iron_horse819@yahoo.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Engine Build
From: Alan Atkinson <alanatkinson@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 11:53:59 -0400
You can go a bit higher on the compression.

Fit an electric fan and use Pattons fan eliminator or similar - it'll make the
edis install much easier, since you can turn a lip on his boss for the disk.
But then you've probably already worked that out, right?

Are you going to fit headers? They give you a bit more room to work with
around the intake.

If you build your own plenum, use something like a Mustang 4.6TB and one of
the cable setups from Ratco to actuate. That way you can keep the stock
pedal.
The distributor you can blank off. Same for the mechanical fuel pump.

How are you plumbing the return?

> Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 08:41:01 -0700> From: iron_horse819@yahoo.com> To:
6pack@autox.team.net> Subject: [6pack] Engine Build> > Hi Everyone,> > I'm in
the planning stages of my engine build and have a few questions. first> of
all, here's what I intend to do so far:> > * Shave head to bring compression
to 9:1, port and polish> * Zero-deck the block (remove recesses in block and
user earlier head gasket)> * bore block for cam bearings> * lighten and
balance rotating parts> * TR 5 camshaft> * Goodparts 1.65:1 roller rockers> *
Megasquirt contolling multi-port injection > (hope to get a set of PI plenums,
else fab my own) and EDIS ignition system> * Lighten flywheel> * Alternator
conversion> * High-torque starter> > First question: This will be a street
engine, does anyone see anything I> should do differently from above?> >
Second question: The engine I have came without a distributor (hence the
EDIS)> so is there anything special I need to do about the oil
pump/distributor drive> other than fabricate a plate for the distributor
mounting hole?> > Thanks in advance,> Raymond L. Hatfield> > > >
http://www.windowslive.com/messenger/connect_your_way.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_
Refresh_messenger_video_042008