Re: [6pack] Head studs

To: Sally or Dick Taylor <tr6taylor@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Head studs
From: "Foster, Stan" <stan.foster@hp.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 11:41:53 +0000
Thanks Dick, I assume you install the head in between these two steps..

I put a dab of Never-Seize on the first couple of the stud threads, screw them
into the block more or
less finger tight.

I then nut each stud and torque them to the standard,
first to 60 lb. and then again to 80 lb.

This makes sense and is consistent with other replies. My deck has been zero
blocked so I need to double check that the studs don't bottom out.

Stan