Re: [6pack] pdwa

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [6pack] pdwa
From: Gary Klein <tr6.guy@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 17:21:09 -0400
Vance, Brett,

Sorry to disagree with you Vance but any old o-ring sold in the hardware
store is most likely NOT made out of Ethylene Propylene (EP).  EP is
approved for contact with brake fluid.  Never use butyl o-rings for an
application that mixes with brake fluid.  They will disintegrate.

Below is a post I made to the Triumphs list back in 1999.  I see
American Packing and Gasket still has a web site.

The size I listed fit my '75.  Since my initial search and purchase in
'99, I've come to learn that there are seems to be an alternate size of
oring used by Triumph.  Check your size then look on their website.
They now call their material EPR.  EPR 70 is what you want.

Good Luck,
Gary
'75 TR6
-------------------------

Last Fall, I purchased a quantity of O-Rings and offered them to list
members but unfortunately, they're all gone.  I still get requests from
time to time so I suspect that like me, you can get rid of them in short
order by offering them to fellow list members, too.  They're not
expensive, less than $.50 each if I remember.  You can order a quantity
($5 minimum plus about $7 postage) from:

American Packing and Gasket Co.
1-800-888-5223
www.apandg.com

The proper part number is E70010

I've included my earlier post where I indicated the specs for the O-Rings.

Good Luck,

Gary
Severn, MD  Digest
'75 TR6