[6pack] fuel pump rebuild kit

To: "6pack@autox.team.net" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] fuel pump rebuild kit
From: salva57@optonline.net
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 01:42:18 +0000 (GMT)
A word of advice concerning the fuel pump rebuild kits available. All kits are
not created equal even if  purchased from the same vendor, one of the big 3 in
my case. It took 2 attempts with 2 kits from the same vendor to get it right,
the difference being in the rubber seal for the top cover which leaked and
almost doubled in size overnight, the one being replaced was harder and not
rubbery, and the diaphragm which leaked after a few weeks because of streching
and bubbling. This diaphragm unlike the one it replaced, was made of rubber,
and the better one had a canvas feel and look to it much like the one it
replaced. I'm sure it would have leaked after just a few days had I used the
car more. If your parts look like what I described don't waste your time.
Sal.
www.triumphowners.com/381