Re: [6pack] [TR] Pulstar Pulse plugs

To: Ronald Olds <tr6@pipeline.com>
Subject: Re: [6pack] [TR] Pulstar Pulse plugs
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 07:18:27 -0800
        Ron:

        Can't say that I have tried them, but Vizard in his book "Tuning the
a-series engine" really endorses this type of technology. This is the same
idea used in the Nology Wires, which add a capacitor to the spark circuit to
store and then release the spark energy. He saw an honest 2% increase in
power. Not enough to feel in the seat of your pants, but measurable on the
dyno. After all the BS claims out there about magnetic fuel energizers, split
electrode spark plugs, and air intake vortex generators, here is an idea that
really seems to work.
        The Pulstar plugs are the same idea, but move the circuit into the
plug. Nology has a patent on the spark plug wire idea, so this bypasses their
patent. My only gripe is that the Nology wires are a one time buy, whereas
with Pulstars every time you change your plugs there goes $100. Nology does
not offer a set of wires for the TR6 that I have been able to tell, although
it looks easy to build your own set.

        Vance

    Vance Navarrette
    Cogito Ergo Zoom