[6pack] [TR] TR6 to the rescue and other wintertime stories

To: Chip19474@aol.com, jmerone@rocketmail.com, triumphs@autox.team.net,
Subject: [6pack] [TR] TR6 to the rescue and other wintertime stories
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 15:57:24 EST
Chip, Thanks for kind word.  I have another  snowtime story and parking......

My first LBC was a MG TD in 1962.  I lived downtown over a Restaurant &
Lounge in Charles City, Iowa, while working for White Farm Equipment.

It was snowing those huge snow flakes in the evening and I was approaching a
street parking spot off of Main.........from the opposite direction.

I flicked the steering wheel left, gave it a little gas, and slid sideways in
the parallel parking spot, neatly between two other cars..about 3 inches from
the high curbing, common in those days.

Now this was a very dark side street, and I was unaware of the two shiny
official issue high top leather boots standing there........until I looked
through
the side curtain.

I got out, glanced his way, and kept on walking. This city cop never said a
word, but I am pretty sure he was shaking his head. (There was only one of
these cars in Charles City, so there was no question he knew who it was)

This same TD was known to pull an upside down car hood behind it with
screaming girls on the frozen Cedar River....but that's another story.

Joe A