Re: [6pack] TR6 Clutch Master cylinder (.70 vs .75)

To: Bob <rpeglow@optonline.net>, 6pack List <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] TR6 Clutch Master cylinder (.70 vs .75)
From: "Sally or Dick Taylor" <tr6taylor@webtv.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2008 21:59:13 GMT
Bob---It is true that the early six had a larger bore in the clutch MC, thus
giving a longer stroke to the slave cylinder. If you trade your early MC for
the later one, it should make the clutch pedal easier to depress. Know that the
linkage in your pedal box must be without much play, or otherwise it's possible
that you won't get complete clutch disengagement. (Also, the tube fitting out
of the early CMC may be different than the later one)

If your clutch pedal seems especially hard to depress, like at the last half
inch of travel,  there could be another reason for this, such as a broken fork
pin. If it is necessary for you to now push your pedal clear to the floor, you
may have to fix a couple of things before going to the smaller bored CMC.

Dick