Re: [6pack] Clutch/transmission Issues

To: "Chuck Arnold" <triosan@gmail.com>, <Darcy_Hunter@instron.com>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Clutch/transmission Issues
From: "Ken Davis" <ken@azkiwis.com>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 16:42:39 -0700
sounds nastily familiar to an issue I had with mine about 6-7 years ago.
Won't go into the issues, but I finally determined the overdrive solenoid /
plunger in the box - it's actuated by 12v - which is broken by switches on
the gearbox top  - was jamming as the unit got warmer.  sprund for a new
unit and the problem went away.  you might try a static test on it.
Ignition on, but engine not running. Select od on.  do you hear a click?
hang on, you've got it in bits, but try a variant anyway -----      okay, if
you hear a click with 12v applied, do you hear a click from the solenoid
when 12 is removed?    That's how i found mine; after a 25 mile run to warm
it up a bit, it wasn't disengaging when voltage removed, due to binding..  .
easy to replace... costs tho'

Ken