Re: [6pack] Instrument restoration

To: "Couzelis,William M." <William.Couzelis@CNA.com>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Instrument restoration
From: Bob Danielson <75tr6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 14:56:40 -0400
Bill,
Can you define "restore" i.e.gauges refinished to concurs standards or
do you just want them re-calibrated. If you're looking to have both
re-calibrated, I highly recommend West Valley Auto in Resada CA. My
speedo was re-calibrated for $125 and the odometer gear was changed out
for $60 to accommodate the Toyota 5 speed and Nissan Diff. The cable
rebuild was $30. The tach was re-calibrated for $100 and the cable was $20.

They do not cosmetically refurbish the gauge to new condition though
they do clean them up nicely. Look as it as a mechanical restoration
versus a Concurs restoration. Turn around time was less then 10 days in
both cases but Morris calls once he gets your gauge and gives you a firm
price and date.

Whatever you do, get your cables rebuilt at the same time. Most cables
have too much of the tip protruding which can impact and/or damage your
gauge. Toward the bottom of this page
http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/SpeedometerCalibration.htm  are all the
proper cable specs.

Here's a 6-Pack Forum thread on West Valley http://tinyurl.com/ldtgok