Re: [6pack] tr6 clutch problem

To: Al Salvatore <tr6parts@charter.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: [6pack] tr6 clutch problem
From: "Sally or Dick Taylor" <tr6taylor@webtv.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 20:00:52 GMT
Al---Lot's of maybes here. First it would be good to actually measure the
amount of movement of the SC pushrod. There should have a half inch to
disengage the clutch. (Slightly less is necessary if you use the top [not
recommended] hole in the actuating arm).

Then there's the possibility of air in the hydraulic system. Be sure there is
none.

If everything above is in order, then not much left except to take out the
tranny and look inside at the parts in the bell housing. To strengthen a weak
spot in this setup, add a second pin to the fork where it goes thru the clutch
operating shaft, if this is hasn't already done.

I will assume that the new flywheel isn't part of the problem. (*In backwards)?

Check that the crankshaft thrust washers are still in place, by levering the
shaft back, then forward.

I wouldn't think that the problem is in the clutch or pressure plate. If it is,
it should be obvious when inspecting it. *A backwardly installed clutch disc
comes to mind. It should be marked "flywheel side".

Let us know. Always like to here one's solution to these things!

Dick