Re: [6pack] Clutch problem

To: michael lunsford <mblunsfordsr@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Clutch problem
From: Robert Lang <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 17:02:09 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 18 Sep 2009, michael lunsford wrote:

> Al,
>
> You didn't describe the symptoms so I'll just throw out a WAG.
> Any
> chance that the clutch has rusted to the flywheel?  I doubt this could happen
> if the flywheel is aluminum.  One of our club members recently had a similar
> problem, replaced the clutch and then found out rust was the problem.  Good
> luck.

This _could_ happen as the clutch surface on the Fidanza flywheel is a
steel insert.

I replied off-list that my guess is that the clutch disk was not installed
in the proper orientation.

> Mike Lunsford, 1970 TR 6

rml
Bob Lang              NER/SCCA                 |  This space for rent
Solo Chair 2009       TR6 40 F Prepared        |  Triumph!
Voice:781-438-2568    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: 339-927-4489