Re: [6pack] [Fot] TRIUMPH RULES EP AT SCCA RUNOFFS

To: MORDY DUNST <gasket.works@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] [Fot] TRIUMPH RULES EP AT SCCA RUNOFFS
From: Chuck Arnold <triosan@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 07:18:16 -0700
Just

On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 9:54 PM, MORDY DUNST <gasket.works@verizon.net>
wrote:
> Now my son has some motivation to get his TR6 together and be that "Padewan
> Lerner".

Great job Sam -- did not know you had spent so much time up here in
the Pacific Northwest where a dry track is a blessing.

 Mordy, Be sure you know where you want to run it -- no way Sam's TR6
could run in Vintage.  Kas would have loved the TVR independent rear
end or the 4 wheel vented disks, fender flairs, larger diameter and
width tires, 5 speed tranny [and the triple webers and Lord knows what
else].

My '69 TR6 is built to the '69 GCR's -- does not even have an air dam.
 Not knocking you Sam, just pointing out it is not a TR6 as we knew
them -- but then I doubt that any of the Miata's in the race resemble
their street/showroom stock brethren.  It is hard enough keeping my
car running --cannot imagine how much work it takes to make that
championship car running in top form.

Chuck

--
Chuck Arnold