Re: [6pack] Hood latch (catch) assembly

To: TR-6 list <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Hood latch (catch) assembly
From: shawn loseke <shawn.loseke@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 19:03:03 -0600
The catch actually serves a good puprose which makes getting a good
one, or at least one as good as an original a good idea. In the event
of a front end collision, it holds the rear of the bonnet down.
Without it, the bonnet can release from latch and come through the
windscreen. Its more than a secondary catch to keep the bonnet from
rising under normal circumstances. I've witnessed its effectiveness
first hand in just such a situation. It really is a safety device,
which makes it all the more dissapointing that the reproductions are
not up to the task of normal use, let alone an emergency use.

Shawn

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 6:09 PM,  <lfm614@aol.com> wrote:
> Ditto, mine resembles that remark.
>
> Lou

bought it.? I have just lived without it since, about 5 years.? Considering
the way that the hood/bonnet opens you dont need the catch anyways.