[6pack] DUAL WEBER 45 MCHH TRIUMPH CONVERSION KIT

To: "David Murray" <murr32@shaw.ca>, "'Foster, Stan \(HP IT\)'"
Subject: [6pack] DUAL WEBER 45 MCHH TRIUMPH CONVERSION KIT
From: Bill <anabil007@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 11:18:42 -0700
This may be heresy, but I am of the opinion that for normal street
use almost all Triumphs are over carbureted ... At the Monteray
Historics one year there was a Factory modified Sebring Sprite ... it
had only one downdraft weber, and was faster than snot, in the "race"
it participated in it easily out ran all its competitors.  Some one,
I think it was Vance, said "keep it simple", which I agree with whole
heartily.  In the book "How to repair your foreign car" the chapter
on carburetor is sub-titled "carburetor ... a French word for DO NOT
TOUCH".  I have found this to be pretty much true, as 99% of my
carburetor problems were really ignition.  But that is entirely
another subject.

--
"Thinking is the hardest work there is. That's why so few people
undertake it." - Henry Ford

6pack@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive