Re: [6pack] Poor flow in TR6 heads

To: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Poor flow in TR6 heads
From: "Wayne Lee" <wayne@motorcarriage.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 12:20:53 -0400
SU never had an application on the TR6. The Over Run Valve on the Throttle
Disc
is just something that migrated to the TR6 from people who didn't replace
the Throttle Discs
when retrofitting to the superior SU Carbs. Easy fix there, replace the
Throttle Disc for the
plain type everyone's using in most any size SU. The improved Flow in a
Stromberg through
it's By Pass circuit is of little benefit when it's only active on the Over
Run. SU's are still considered
a Performance Upgrade to replace Stromberg's. Strromberg's can be made to
live with, but
they have more issues.
Cheers,
Wayne