[6pack] oil pan pin hole

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] oil pan pin hole
From: James Mc Arthur <jrmcarthur2009@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 14:54:50 -0800 (PST)
Hi John........Speaking as a guy who has made his living as a welder for
 the last 30 years, you have several options. The oil pan is not under
pressure, so if it was me, I'd braze it. However, brazing is something
that can only be done in the flat position; horizontal can be done, but
it's tricky. Any of the welding processes would also work, but the heat
involved in the concern. Read that as FIRE HAZARD. I would recommend
that if you are considering these options, the pan be removed and
thoroughly cleaned.

Epoxy and/or JB Weld depends on the surface being grease and oil free.
If this can be arranged, this may be your best course of action. If
either of these methods are employed, the success is directly related to
 the cleanliness of the affected area. The good news is that either of
these methods would probably work with the pan installed on the engine.

Of course, all of the above assumes that the size of the hole is small. You
neglected to inform the list of it's diameter.

Feel free to contact me if you have any concerns or questions. Best of luck!

Regards...............Jim McArthur

6pack@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive