Re: [6pack] Rimmer Sale on Now (SS Exhaust)

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>, <brucesimms2003@yahoo.ca>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Rimmer Sale on Now (SS Exhaust)
From: "Jerry C Shaw" <slowtoaccept@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 21:45:21 -0500
Bruce
I have these headers and love them, but it wasn't a slam dunk. The forward
header tube clearance with the big hex mounting nut required, instead, a hex
socket bolt (uses an allen wrench)  on cylinder 3. They had also had
re-welded a  section of SS tubing out from the flange. I hope it doesn't
affect flow, but who knows what's left on the inside in the way of crap at
the weld seam. I couldn't see that far into the tubing. I also had a machine
shop resurface all of the flanges true and planar with a milling machine.
The flanges have some flex and do conform upon tightening, but I was getting
leaks initially from what I thought was non-planarity.

I don't remember if I had to grind any flanges for clearance with my intake
manifold. If I did, it was minor.

Whatever you do, inspect carefully before any installation and return them
if you are unhappy with the quality. I didn't do that. They are too
expensive to have to do a lot of fiddling or put up with second rate
workmanship. You can ask Rimmer what their return policy is beforehand and
demand no reworked welds.

You can see the Falcon exhaust here: http://www.triumphowners.com/977

Jerry Shaw
'74 TR6 Mallard Green (Newly restored)