[6pack] Air injection rail - exhaust manifold

To: 6 Pack <6pack@autox.team.net> FILETIME=[02B700E0:01D07857]
Subject: [6pack] Air injection rail - exhaust manifold
From: James_ via 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 08:07:07 -0700
So I thought I'd share...
The air rail on a late 6 is prone to rusting out. So over the years I would
collect manifolds with air rails to stock pile them. These buggers have been
NLA for a longer time than I've owned the car. Sure, I could remove all the
emission crap, but I tend to be a purest. Also, now living in oregon, they do
emission testing - unlike Maryland.
Well,...
Years ago I repaired one by having someone braze the brake lines I bent and
attach to the original pipe. Currently I am taking a welding class and have
access to wonderful machines and decided to MAKE a complete air rail. It has
been a challenge finding correct parts but I did it and properly drilling holes
and bending steel tubes. Tonight I plan to start welding/brazing the tubes
together!
Exciting to make a part from scratch. It's a lot of work but fun.

Thought I'd share my latest project.

James

â??Sent from my Atari 2600â??