[6pack] Water leaking from frame

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] Water leaking from frame
From: mjmullin--- via 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2015 12:06:07 GMT
Full-name: "mjmullin@juno.com" <mjmullin@juno.com>
--===============8823138774625455212==

----__JWM__J2ded6f98.56d6f6b5S.715c9951M

Hi everyone:  I too, am glad to see the recent activity on the email lis=
t, so I thought I'd chime in with a story of my own.  I was loosening my=
 left inside trailing arm bracket bolts recently to remove an alignment =
shim, and water started dripping out of my frame.....kind of puzzling un=
til I remembered the hours of rain I drove thru on my way to the Trials =
last month.  The car was jacked up on the left and tilted to the right, =
so I drilled a small hole in the bottom of the trailing arm cross member=
 near the driveshaft end and more water came out...about a quarter cup t=
otal.  It looks like there's a hole on the forward facing part of the cr=
oss member that lets water in from road spray, but no hole on the bottom=
 to let water out.  No wonder these things rusted out early and often!  =
I drilled the right cross member but no water came out.  I blew it out w=
ith compressed air and plan to soak the inside of the cross member with =
WD-40, and after that a mixture of used gear oil and WD-40.  I'll place =
tape over the forward-facing hole in preparation for the next rain event=
.   Matt Mullin
Just booked your vacation?
This plan provides insurance coverage that only applies during the cover=
ed trip. You may have coverage from other sources that provides you with=
 similar benefits but may be subject to different restrictions depending=
 upon your other coverages. You may wish to compare the terms of this po=
licy with yo
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/562b749bf1c8b749b23fdst02vuc
----__JWM__J2ded6f98.56d6f6b5S.715c9951M

on the email list, so I thought I'd chime in with a story of my own.&nbs=
p; I was loosening my left inside trailing arm bracket bolts recently to=
 remove an alignment shim, and water started dripping out of my frame...=
..kind of puzzling until I remembered the hours of rain I drove thru on =
my way to the Trials last month.&nbsp; The car was jacked up on the left=
 and tilted to the right, so I drilled a small hole in the bottom of the=
 trailing arm cross member near the driveshaft end and more water came o=
ut...about a quarter cup total.&nbsp; It looks like there's a hole on th=
e forward facing part of the cross member that lets water in from road s=
pray, but no hole on the bottom to let water out.&nbsp; No wonder these =
things rusted out early and often!&nbsp; I drilled the right cross membe=
r but no water came out.&nbsp; I blew it out with compressed air and pla=
n to soak the inside of the cross member with WD-40, and after that a mi=
xture of used gear oil and WD-40.&nbsp; I'll place tape over the forward=
-facing hole in preparation for the next rain event.&nbsp;&nbsp; Matt Mu=
llin</div></html>

_______________________________</font><br><a style=3D"TEXT-DECORATION: n=
one" href=3D"http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3132/562b749bf1c8b749b2=
3fdst02vuc" target=3D_blank><font face=3D"Arial"><font color=3D"#004080"=
000000" size=3D"2">https://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;271002789;110021278;t;=
----__JWM__J2ded6f98.56d6f6b5S.715c9951M--