[6pack] More work done today

To: TR6 Group <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] More work done today
From: Richard Lindsay via 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2019 07:19:54 -0600

--000000000000683b3a059995b858

Hey friends,
   Today I head back to my shop to work on the TR6. Its 'glue carpet to the
sills day'. And with that glue drying, I will lay in the floor carpets and
stick the edges in place with the industrial Velcro that I bought
(following Sloane's sage advice about removability).
   With the sills covered I can also install the kick panels. I carpeted
them when last working at the shop. I ended up using the original heavy
fiberboard substrate that was in the car. When I trial fitted the panels I
realized that the shape deformations were actually a good thing. They were
caused by the underlying harness, etc.. By reusing those cards, the panels
will not be stressed and trying to pull free, just to be flat again. Good
or bad plan, that's what I have chosen to do.
   I will also complete the upholstery on the triangular braces at the rear
of the door openings. They need to be finished before the sill carpet is
fitted. To form the shape of the triangles, Moss included heavy fiberboard
pieces for the edges and insides of the triangles. The edge of the
fiberboard pieces had to be folded over 90=C2=B0 to create the proper edge
geometry. And although scored by their maker, the fold was impossible by
hand. I had to clamp the edge in the vice and progressively hammer the
fiberboard to the 90=C2=B0 shape! Both pieces are now the right shape and w=
ill
be installed without cement between the cards and the car, as per original,
with the upholstery vinyl holding them in place. I guess that scheme was to
make the original pieces easy to remove without leaving debris on the metal
triangle beneath. Perhaps I am giving Triumph / British Leyland far to much
insightful credit?!
   If I get all of this work done, I have to decide whether to next carpet
the rear parcel shelf and add the upholstery panels, or go to work on the
seats. I probably should switch emphasis to the seats, driver's side first,
so I can once again, safely move the car.

Rick

--000000000000683b3a059995b858

font-family:sans-serif">=C2=A0 =C2=A0Today I head back to my shop to work o=
n the TR6. Its &#39;glue carpet to the sills day&#39;. And with that glue d=
rying, I will lay in the floor carpets and stick the edges in place with th=
e industrial Velcro that I bought (following Sloane&#39;s sage advice about=
 removability).</div><div dir=3D"auto" style=3D"font-family:sans-serif">=C2=
=A0 =C2=A0With the sills covered I can also install the kick panels. I carp=
eted them when last working at the shop. I ended up using the original heav=
y fiberboard substrate that was in the car. When I trial fitted the panels =
I realized that the shape deformations were actually a good thing. They wer=
e caused by the underlying harness, etc.. By reusing those cards, the panel=
s will not be stressed and trying to pull free, just to be flat again. Good=
 or bad plan, that&#39;s what I have chosen to do.</div><div dir=3D"auto" s=
tyle=3D"font-family:sans-serif">=C2=A0 =C2=A0I will also complete the uphol=
stery on the triangular braces at the rear of the door openings. They need =
to be finished before the sill carpet is fitted. To form the shape of the t=
riangles, Moss included heavy fiberboard pieces for the edges and insides o=
f the triangles. The edge of the fiberboard pieces had to be folded over 90=
=C2=B0 to create the proper edge geometry. And although scored by their mak=
er, the fold was impossible by hand. I had to clamp the edge in the vice an=
d progressively hammer the fiberboard to the 90=C2=B0 shape! Both pieces ar=
e now the right shape and will be installed without cement between the card=
s and the car, as per original, with the upholstery vinyl holding them in p=
lace. I guess that scheme was to make the original pieces easy to remove wi=
thout leaving debris on the metal triangle beneath. Perhaps I am giving Tri=
umph / British Leyland far to much insightful credit?!</div><div dir=3D"aut=
o" style=3D"font-family:sans-serif">=C2=A0 =C2=A0If I get all of this work =
done, I have to decide whether to next carpet the rear parcel shelf and add=
 the upholstery panels, or go to work on the seats. I probably should switc=
h emphasis to the seats, driver&#39;s side first, so I can once again, safe=
ly move the car.</div><div dir=3D"auto" style=3D"font-family:sans-serif"><b=

--000000000000683b3a059995b858--