Gel coat

To: sosnaenergyconsulting@home.com, alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Gel coat
From: Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 07:57:49 -0700
David writes:
>I thought about the Corvette and the Lotus and I thought
>the early cars were finished in something called a "gel
>coat"
[SNIP]

>I'd like to be able to tint or color it black and after
>it hardens to polish it to the point where the shine will
>blind me.

I'm not an expert.  But, "gel coat" on fiberglass cars is OVER the paint,
not under it.  They take their car body mold, spray it with the gel coat,
then they spray it with paint, then they spray it with fiberglass.  They
pop it out, and presto, you've got a great clear cover over your paint.  Of
course, it's hell to touch up.

Jay