Re: oil pressure

To: brian_steel@telus.net
Subject: Re: oil pressure
From: AlpineDriver@aol.com
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 15:54:35 EDT
In a message dated 06/01/2000 6:29:02 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
brian_steel@telus.net writes:

<< what are the specs for oil pressure at idle? >>

I checked the archives
http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=sunbeamalpine
since I recall this discussion from before.   I typed in:   oil and pressure
and volume

The search comes up with an exchange about the role of volume as a means of
cooling bearings etc etc with the suggestion that high pressure caused by too
thick oil or tight clearances (i.e. low volume) is not necessarily a good
thing.   Naturally there was some healthy disagreement about certain points.

It seems to my nontechnical mind that if your oil pressure is very high
because volume is very low you have not really done yourself a favor.

Rob Carpenter
(over my head in this topic)