Alger prices

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Alger prices
From: Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2000 11:19:39 -0700
Alex & Peggy write:

>There is an Alger for sale nearby.  It has a nice S2
>body & glass, a V6 and (puke, barf, etc) auto.  Interior
>is non Rootes  and top is unknown.

>Anybody want to guess what a guy should pay for such a unit?

I guess this all depends upon what you want.  If you thought that you want
an Alger, and if you bought an Alpine you would convert it anyway, then
think about what it would cost you to do all that.  Certainly an Alpine
purist would pay less for the car than an original one.  That being said,
you didn't say its condition.  Steve Sage is advertising his Series V
Alpine for $5,000, which is a very solid car.  I know of two fully restored
Alpines that went for $11,000 and $12,000 a few years ago.  There are lots
of Alpines that go for next to nothing.  But, there are lots of Alpines
worth next to nothing.

Did I help any?

Jay

P.S.  Speaking of Alpines for sale, see my next post.