Needing some info..

To: <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Needing some info..
From: "Ian Hobbis" <ihobbis@wave.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 1999 21:40:27 +1200
 Hi all,
I hope someone may be able to help..
I have been in contact with Dennis Starling, the Archivist with STAR.
He has done a search on my Talbot90 chassis number and come up with some
very good news.
My car was delivered to the Rootes Engineering / Competition Dept on 2nd Oct
1950
This is a HUGE surprise to me...as our family had no knowledge of its racing
history.
We've owned the car since 1957
This most certainly explains the Aluminium doors I discoverd whilst
stripping the car for body work to start.
Does anyone have ANY info regarding the Early Rootes Competition dept.
I have the Michael Frostick book 'Works Team"  and there is little mention
of Mk1 racing.
I have scoured the Net,  Library, and my local Club for anything remotely
relating to Talbot 90's and what I have found myself is already on my
website..(BTW  There is a huge update coming)

So..does anyone have old pics..info..anything..I really want to find out
some more about our car..
Many thanks in advance

Ian Hobbis
1950 Talbot90 Mk1 DHC