distributor

To: "alpine list" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: distributor
From: "michael proper" <proper.mike@accentleasing.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 09:14:57 -0400
O.K. here is an easy one for you crusty veterans but confusing for a
greenhorn like me.  My engine in my SV has a distributor with the vacuum
adv. unit towards the rear of the block. My parts car has the vacuum advance
unit pointing towards the front of the block. Which is correct??  Also the
throttle linkage bracket that is on the front carb has a large hole that the
linkage goes through. I assume that a bushing of some sort goes into the
hole to centralize and stabilize the throttle linkage.

Mike