tuning strombergs

To: "alpine list" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: tuning strombergs
From: "michael proper" <proper.mike@accentleasing.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 09:36:17 -0400
Last night I decided to check valve lash on the SV last night because I was
having trouble getting the car to idle right and the valves were the last
thing to check before rebuilding them. When I removed the valve cover a bolt
was missing on the side of the valve cover on the ignition side. I thought
this might be a problem so I inserted a bolt from the parts engine, did not
touch the valves, reassembled, and to my amazement it ran smooth and idles
down to 900rpm smoothly with great throttle response. Could this bolt hole
have been causing vacuum problems, or is this just coincidence.

Mike Proper
Lansing, MI.