Re: steering gear oil

To: armorseal@iccom.com (chuck nicodemus)
Subject: Re: steering gear oil
From: rnanzig@webtv.net (robert nanzig)
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 07:55:10 -0400 (EDT)
Chuck writes:
I have looked all over in my books.. And cannot find either the level
amount nor the grade of oil to go into the steering gear box.. Series ll
Oh quandry!!
thanks
chuck almost running after the tranny fiasco...
   Chuck,   Use 90 W gear oil per the Rootes manual.  I like the idea
that someone suggested
a while back.  They use axle grease so they  don't have to worry about a
leaky steering box. That's what I'll do if I ever get around to draining
mine. Then again I can just wait another year and it will have all
leaked out. ( despite having replaced the o-ring and gaskets)

Rob Nanzing
67SV