S3 valve train

To: "alpines@autox.team.net" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: S3 valve train
From: Paul Heuer <paul.heuer@dsto.defence.gov.au>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 10:53:25 +0930
This email turned up on our club website. I've sent John details about
the alpines list, but can anyone help him out in the meantime? Replies
directly to John.pidgeon@tesco.net please.
Cheers,
Paul.

I own a Sunbeam Alpine series 3 and am having diffaculty with the valve
train, When I
 got the car it was in peices and was mixed up with several other Rootes
products the
 concquences are that when I came to put the rockers together I find a
gap of approx
 1/4 inch between the center brass oil feed and the rocker shafts.I know
that the
 cast iron head has the same set up but as all the shafts I have are the
same lenth
 if the brass center piece was longer on the ally heads, does anybody
have any clues
 ??? I am
john Pidgeon <John.pidgeon@tesco.net>
Bury St. Edmunds, GB - Sunday, June 18, 2000 at 23:16:08 (CST)