14" Wires

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: 14" Wires
From: Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 08:54:41 -0700
The hubs on the 14" wire wheels are not the same as on the 13" Alpine
wheels.  The hubs on the 13" wire wheels match the MG Midget/Austin Healy
Sprite, but not the TR Spitfire.  There are two places that they differ.
First, the 14" wires wheel hub is longer, so it covers more of the hub on
the car, and leaves less threads to get you spinner on.  Second, the back
of the wheel hub has a different angle than the angle on the car hub.  So,
they don't match properly.

That being said, there are folks out there who are running MGB 14" wires on
their Alpines and I have not heard of any problems.

I previously tried to find out from the MG groups if any Midget folks put
MGB wheels on their cars, and never was able to obtain any information.

Jay