Rex Funk and Alpine competition history

To: <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rex Funk and Alpine competition history
From: Steven Silverstein <milano164@mediaone.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 17:10:40 -0400
Does anybody know how to get in touch with Rex Funk?  I tried an old e-mail
address which I guess isn't current.  He had been searching for information
on Alpine Competition history.  I have almost all of Don Sesslar's and Dan
Carmichael's records.

I have one question.  My research shows that the Alpine was reclassified in
1963 into E-Produciton (they tied for the EP National Championship in 63)
and then returned to F-Production in 1964 (won the FP National championship
in 64).   In Richard Langford's book he states that in 1965 the Alpine was
reclassified into E-Production which killed it's competitiveness.   Can
anybody really verify this (preferably with SCCA Documentation)?

I question that the Alpine was reclassified in 1965 since all my records
show that through 64-67 my Alpine was competing in F-Production.

Steve Silverstein