Badge on hood of Series IV race car, anybody in England familiar

To: <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Badge on hood of Series IV race car, anybody in England familiar
From: Steven Silverstein <milano164@mediaone.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Jul 2000 21:14:59 -0400
I have been trying to find out what the badge was on the Series IV car.
This was a hood badge that was added to the car by the team that raced it in
the 60's.

>From the pictures it is the Rootes crest (the lion) and is more of a shield
type badge. I have to believe this came off of one of the other Rootes
products.  I can forward a picture of the car with the badge if somebody
thinks they could help.

At first I thought it might be the shield off the rear quarter of a Tiger.
Then perhaps a Sunbeam 90 MkIII.  But neither is it.

Here's what I do know:

1) It is a shield approx 4 in tall by 3 in wide (judging from photo and
mounts)
2) Has the Rootes crest (the lion)
3) Has two pins, one mount above the other spaced 2.25 apart
4) Don Sesslar thought it said Rootes across the top.

Thanks for any assistance.

Tomorrow I pull the engine.   I was looking at the crank and connecting rods
with the oil pan off.  The workmanship is really nice. I can't wait to weigh
the rods.  I am curious about the difference between stock and these rods.

Steve Silverstein
Series II
Series IV (Don Sesslar's car)
Series V