'53 Alpine and Series II Alpine for sale

To: alpines@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: '53 Alpine and Series II Alpine for sale
From: Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 10:56:49 -0700
I previously reported about an early Alpine for sale.  It's still
available.  I just saw it over the weekend, and took some pictures.  As
indicated, it is in the process of restoration.  It's already been painted
a darker emerald green.  There is more interior done than I remembered.
The seats are all done and other parts as well.  The engine and tranny,
with rare Kastle top shifter, are all installed.  Much of the trunk and
back has already been assembled.  It is supposed to be 100% complete.  From
what I could see, that appears to be correct.  I didn't have a checklist.
But, of the few items not on the car, they are in boxes all neatly stacked
and marked (better than any car that has been disassembled by me!).  The
boxes include lots of new rubber and wiring too.  I did see all the
external parts and trim, as well as a brand new tonneau.  I also saw
everything that goes in the interior, except the pedals, which I'm pretty
sure were just in one of the boxes.  I just can't swear by the pedals.

If anyone is interested and wants to see pictures, let me know.  The car is
available for $8K.

The seller has now decided to sell the Series II.  It is white, with red
interior in very nice condition, slightly faded (I believe the car came
with red interior when new), and black aluminum hard top.  It has bolt on
wire wheels (which is actually a real plus, with Rootes emblems expertly
fixed to the center of the spinners).  The car has a slight crease in one
side.  It also has the later full synchro gear box.  I did see another
Alpine box in the garage.  I suspect that might be the original.  The car
is not running.  Unfortunately, no one remembers why.  It is believe to be
the clutch.  This car is available for $2k.  I have a picture of that one
as well.

Jay