Re: Sandblasting, yes or no??

To: ALPINES@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Sandblasting, yes or no??
From: Robert Dobrowski <rsdslp@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 08:38:08 -0700
I've heard these horror tories many times myself but of all the people
that I've known who have had a car chemically stripped, none have had any
problems with chemicals seeping out of seems. I however did have a car
sandblasted and regretted it. It is absolutely impossible to get all of
the media cleaned up after the blasting and you will end up with media
stuck in the paint throughout the interior and underside. I spend many
days vacuuming and washing and I still ended up with media stuck in the
chassis paint. Next time I'm using the chemical stripping if I can find a
place to do it.

http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.