Lifters for Series V Alpine, 2/3 the height of stock, less weight

To: <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Lifters for Series V Alpine, 2/3 the height of stock, less weight
From: Steven Silverstein <milano164@mediaone.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2000 22:48:16 -0400
I have a new set of lifters for my Series V which have been cut down in
height, roughly 2/3 as tall as stock.  They came with the race car.

Has anybody run a set of lifters like this?  The notes on the engine state
that the lifters were lightened by 30%.  I suppose these would work.  Are
there any drawbacks to using these?

Also, does anybody run Aluminum Valve retainers?  I have a set of NOS for
the race car but the machine shop I have work done really thinks I should
steer clear of the aluminum retainers.  I guess they had bad luck on a Chevy
motor or two...

Steve Silverstein