Re: heater blower

To: "INTERNET:rgibbs@pacbell.net" <rgibbs@pacbell.net>,
Subject: Re: heater blower
From: Tom Yang <TYang@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2000 10:05:50 -0400
With British electrics, doesn't the current flow often from battery, to
accessory, to switch, and then to ground, often without a fuse? When I
first got my Alpine I was surprised to find many wires to be hot without
the switch being on, but then realized that the switch only completed the
circuts to ground. It all then became clear why Lucas electrics have a
tendancy to catch fire. While we drive our cars, every wire with juice
flowing through them is looking for a nice place to ground out!

Tom

Message text written by INTERNET:rgibbs@pacbell.net
>A motor runs when there is current flowing. The current path goes from
battery through fuse, switch, wire, motor, then the return path is
(maybe) through the chassis. <