Racks, ends and tanks

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Racks, ends and tanks
From: Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 18:13:21 -0700
Trunk racks.  All sorts of trunk racks from cars are out there.  I believe
Moss Motors carries them.  The issue is if you are looking for one that
fits the Alpine holes.  I had an Alpine that had a chrome rack back there
which looked fine.  Except when you lifted the trunk, and looked at where
the nuts held the rack on, they did not come through those 4 nice holes
Rootes put in the second layer of metal.  So, I guess how accurate you want
it to be is up to you.

Narrower rear end.  I can't answer specifics.  However, I recall hearing
that at that time, it was vogue for a number of cars, not just Rootes, to
have the narrower track in the rear.  Maybe there are details to be found
from other car owners.  I wonder if Tigers have the same narrower rear end.
I'll check with my dad.

Draining fuel tanks.  Even though the tanks have already been drained,
there is a drain plug in the later dual tanks.  I believe it is on the
right side tank on the bottom.

Jay