Re: Closed Crankcase Ventilation

To: kasl100@navix.net
Subject: Re: Closed Crankcase Ventilation
From: Christopher.Albers@bubbs.biola.edu (Christopher Albers)
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 14:43:43 -0700
kasl100@navix.net writes:
>All S5 owners-I have discovered the aircleaners I thought were correct
>on our project 67 S5 are those available from VB. How many of you have
>junked the stock crankcase system and have run aircleaners without the
>hose loop? Is their an advantage in not completing this stock system?
>Seems inefficient. Any input? Thanks Brent

Do you still have the old air filters?  Just use the old filter
housings and inster K&N filter elements (E3220).  All you need do is
fabricat new tubes for the mounting bolts (keep housing from
collapsing).  It's a simple mod, you get quality filters that are
guaranteed for life and you keep the stock setup!  Can't comment on the
efficiency/ineffeciency of system, just don't know.

CNA