Re: losing brake fluid

To: Steve Andrews <steve@goadvance.com>,
Subject: Re: losing brake fluid
From: Patrick Wheeler <tokpw@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 06:14:50 -0700
Steve-
If i remember from a discussion some time back, the master cylinder operates
on a vacuum from the intake manifold.  when your leather seal in the master
cylinder starts to go it takes the brake fluid, inserts it into the engine
and it comes out the tail pipe vaporized, hence no evidence.  Sounds like
bad seals in your Brake master.  Try searching on the archives at:
http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=sunbeamalpine

not terribly certain of this answer but hope it helps.

-Patrick