How-to

To: "alpines@autox.team.net" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: How-to
From: sosnaenergyconsulting@home.com
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 20:55:24 -0700
Hi all:
I've bought a rear sway bar and upgraded front bar from Rick and while
installing it this Friday Night I naturally ran into a problem.  Since
Rick won't be available till monday, I was hoping someone who has
installed a rear bar could advise me.  I think Sergio Dimarmo did one
about 3 years ago--Sergio, you out there?  Anyone else having experience
with installing one would be welcome too.

Problem is this: when the end links are attached to the frame and all 4
urethane bushings and the long bolt is installed, the lower end of the
bolt is only an inch or so above the top of the leaf spring.  When the
car is bounced, the bottom of the bolt comes in contact with the top of
the leaf spring, limiting the spring's travel.  How do I correct this?
Anybody in San Diego who wants to call me direct, it's (619) 698-0566.
My computer will probably be down from 10:00 p.m. Friday to 2:00 p.m.
Saturday, at which time I will eagerly check my mail.

Thanks in advance

David Sosna
65 S4 GT V6