Re: Good news/bad news

To: rnanzig@webtv.net
Subject: Re: Good news/bad news
From: Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 08:08:40 -0800
I'm happy to report that, as Robert did, swapping tachs cured my swinging
needle.  Now if only I can figure out why my ammeter is showing 15 amps at
the lowest - with a brand new battery, new alternator (that checks out fine
on two separate bench testers) and the volts on the voltmeter on the car
showing fine.

I checked the ground strap connections at the battery box - great shape.
The bottom strap doesn't appear bad, but I didn't pull it off.  I think I'm
actually going to make another ground strap in the engine compartment to
avoid all the oil and ground gunk that gets on those.  Other than that,
either the alternator is still doing something funny, the ammeter is not
working right, or something else is actually sucking up power (the coil?).

Jay